On May 13th, the UW Graduate and Professional Student Senate (GPSS) will hold the first annual Science and Policy Summit in hopes of bringing together the scientific community and policy makers for a discussion on the role and importance of science in public policy. The Summit will highlight four broad topics including: Health, Energy, Transportation/Built Environment, and Natural Resources.
FOSEP is proud to co-sponsor the poster session during the Summit and we encourage UW graduate students to submit poster abstracts here: Catalyst Website. Submissions are welcome that range from basic scientific research to applied research (and fall under the four broad topics above), as well as posters that showcase policy analysis conducted by UW students.
The Poster Session will be held during the Summit’s lunch from 12:30-2:00 pm at the UW Tower.
This event should be a lot of fun, and an excellent opportunity to showcase your research, as well as network with other graduate students on campus. We hope to see you there.
Reasons you should consider submitting a poster:
- All types of research welcome, so long as you are a graduate student at UW
- Posters designed for another event are appropriate for display at the Summit
- Great practice for presenting posters at an upcoming conference
- Chance to win a gift certificate, contributed by FOSEP and the UW Bookstore
- And always a crowd pleaser: Free lunch, on GPSS!
- Maximum of 300 words per abstract
- Abstracts are due May 1st at 11:59pm
- Notifications of abstract acceptance will be made on a rolling acceptance basis (notification of acceptance may be received prior to May 1st – All chosen abstract submissions will be notified by May 4th at 11:59pm).